Exploring Cuba 2023
8 – day tour: $1745 per person
10 – day tour: $1995.
(Based on double occupancy. Single supplement available upon request)
The tour begins Sunday, February 12th and ends Sunday, February 19th. For those who would like to stay for a couple days more we will extend the tour to Tuesday, February 21st.
If you are interested in joining this cultural, educational experience in direct support of the Cuban people, you can reserve your spot below, and please contact us if you have any questions.
This will be a wonderful opportunity to get a taste of what Cuba has to offer in terms of culture & history, street photography, tropical beaches, and lush mountain waterfalls. We will be leading a group of 10 to 12 people and will have a local guide and a driver as well. Colin traveled to Cuba three years consecutively between 2018 and 2020, leading tours the last two years. He is very familiar with all of the places we will be visiting, including the cities and national parks, and has developed close connections with the locals, notably our Guide, Gelin, as well as the majority of our hosts and tour operators.
The tour will begin in Havana and guests will have the option of attending either an 8-day tour for $1,745 (two nights in Havana, two nights in both Cienfuegos & Trinidad, returning to Havana for the final night) or a 10-day tour for $1,995 (includes two days in the beautiful, mountainous farming community of Viñales and return to Havana).
Everyone arrives in Havana. We will meet you at the airport and take you to our casa via taxi. Once everyone has arrived, we will walk to a few sites around the city and go out for dinner.
Explore Havana by foot in the morning and take a classic car tour of the city in the afternoon. From the cars and architecture to the culture and vibrancy, there is no shortage of photo ops in Havana!
Travel to Playa Larga, Bay of Pigs, for a snorkeling tour. The water is very clear and we will see tropical fish and a shipwreck from the Bay of Pigs Battle. Even if you don’t take underwater photos, the experience alone is worth it. After snorkeling we will have lunch and visit the Bay of Pigs Military Museum. We will then drive to Cienfuegos and stay there for the next two nights.
Travel to El Nicho Park and hike to the numerous waterfalls & cave and swim in the pools. We will have lunch in El Nicho and then visit the Rancho Luna Beach for a swim and photograph the sunset.
Travel to Güajimico to snorkel in the morning, then to Trinidad for two nights. Go to the beach for sunset.
Visit a coffee plantation in the mountains near Trinidad (Topes de Callantes) and hike to Cuba’s tallest waterfall, Vegas Grande, for another refreshing swim. In the afternoon, we will go for a horseback tour through the countryside, visiting local farms where you can purchase local coffee beans, honey, and cigars.
Possible short hike & swim in El Cubano Park before driving back to Havana for the final night of the 8-day tour.
Breakfast at the casa before those on the 8-day tour will be transported to the airport for departing flights. Those on the 10-day tour will leave for Viñales with us that afternoon.
Guided hike into the mountains to photograph the sunrise over Viñales Valley. Afternoon/sunset guided walking tour of local farms.
Return to Havana for late afternoon/evening departures. If there are no flights available at those times, we will arrange another night of lodging & breakfast in Havana and transport you to the airport the following day.
What the fee includes:
- All transportation
- Lodging We will be staying at privately owned casas, which operate like a bed & breakfast in the US. Each morning you will be served a full breakfast of fresh fruit, bread, cheese, local honey and jams, Cuban coffee (delicious and strong!), and two eggs prepared the way you like.
- Classic car tour of Havana (we will explore some of the city’s best sights in classic convertibles) in addition to walking tours of the city with our guide.
- Snorkeling Tours in both Playa Larga (Bay of Pigs) and Guajimico as well as entrance to the Bay of Pigs Military Museum.
- Entrance to both El Nicho and Topes de Collantes national parks.
- Horseback farm tour in Trinidad. We will visit farms by horseback, sample local coffee, honey, and sugarcane juice (with rum if you like), and have opportunities to purchase coffee beans, honey, and hand-rolled cigars.
- Mountain sunrise and sunset farm walking tours in Viñales, if you choose the 10-day tour.
- Guiding services of our buen amigo (good friend) and Havana resident , Gelin Eguinosa, and Colin & Mike, as well as photographic instruction for those who would like. Cuba is a photographer’s dream and we are confident that the abundance of culture and street scenes, as well as the tropical landscape, will leave you inspired and longing to come back for more!
What the fee does not include:
- Cuban Travel Visa ($50 to $100)
- Travel insurance – recommended
- Lunch and dinner
- Drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and bottled water
- Any extra (and optional) excursions that are not part of the original itinerary.
- Personal items
- Airfare to and from Cuba
February 12th – 19th/21st, 2023
8 – day Tour $1745 per person.
10 – day Tour $1995 per person
Based on double occupancy. Single supplement available upon request
We use PayPal for our Credit Card and Debit processing. You do not need a PayPal account to make a deposit/payment. After clicking on the “reserve now” button, you will have a choice to either use your PayPal account or “pay with debit or credit”. If you choose the second option, you will be prompted to fill out the form as a guest user